Thursday, November 27, 2008

Being thankful

On this Thanksgiving night, it seems only appropriate to look back on the past year and count my blessings because there are many.

1. My family. Every year I am blessed enough to count the people with whom I surround myself as one of my most treasured "possessions." I have a doting husband who shows me everyday what it means to love someone else completely; who supports me in everything I do; who makes me laugh everyday. I know, gag me. I also have an incredible kid who is smart, well-behaved, and pretty dang amazing. I have parents who love me and a surrounding family, blood relations and in-laws, who make me happy.

2. My friends. Oh what an odd group of misfits you are. Each one provides something different that adds fun and laughter to my life. Some of you make me giggle like a 12 year old girl and others of you make me groan like the old lady I am. Whatever it may be, I'm so glad to call you a friend.

3. My job. So many people are being laid off or are miserable in their jobs. While I'm not always thrilled about it, I am thankful that I am employed and valued at work. At times, it even challenges me. And really, short of winning the lottery and not having to work at all, I've got it good.

4. My home. While things didn't go as planned, I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and a few extra bucks to make bad decisions with. Not bad. Better than most.

5. The best is yet to come. And yes, this I am thankful for too. 2009 promises to be an amazing year in the Luopa household and I'm blessed to know that there are great things coming.

So to those few who read this, I hope you have counted your blessings too. And I hope you know that you're one of mine.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm as much a curse as a blessing... Just wait until you have to wake me up to decorate the tree tomorrow. :P

    ReplyDelete