Monday, December 1, 2008

Housewives

There are many things in this world that never seem to surprise me. Like people at work blaming me for their mistakes or the inevitable phone calls where I'm getting screamed at and the only words I can make out are profane and strung together in a haphazard fashion. The crazy thing is, every once in awhile someone says or does something that seems so incredibly unbelievable that my jaw drops and I am rendered speechless. I know, right? Me? Speechless?

Alas, what prompted this blog...

...my sister referring to herself as a "housewife." The girl that forty years ago would have burned her bra. Who loves to break the rules. Who is as independent as they come. She gets married and suddenly she's a housewife? More power to her. Just surprises me.

2 comments:

  1. for some reason I thought this was going to be tawdry like Desperate Housewives. and who yells at you on the phone in profane language? that's so weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Fourty years ago? I'm not that old!
    Also you should know that I refer to myself as a St. Joe housewife with my tongue placed firmly in my cheek.

    ReplyDelete