Sunday, December 14, 2008

Inappropriate love

Last week a couple faculty members were in town to work with me on the definition of a new degree program. I can't say anymore than that. Insider trading and all that. I have enough problems. In any case, I have worked closely with these two individuals on previous projects and we have an excellent working relationship. One of these faculty members is Gary. Gary is a Faculty Chair (Capella's equivalent of a department head). Gary has been exceptionally supportive of my work towards my PhD and regularly refers to me as "Dr. Luopa" because he feels that if we say it, it will happen.

In any case, on Thursday morning I was in the conference room with the woman who will work on this degree program with us and we were waiting for the faculty members to arrive. When Gary walked in the door, I received the customary boisterous greeting (with a "Dr. Luopa" thrown in for good measure). What was not customary was the kiss on the top of my head. What?! It's true. Gary kissed the top of my head much like you'd expect a Grandpa to do. Very weird but very, very funny.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm . . . good touch? just make sure it doesn't turn to bad touch . . .

    ReplyDelete