Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas. Adam has likened our home to Santa puking (or some such thing) in years past. Apparently this year it's just right. The thing I love most about Christmas is giving people things. I love trying to find the perfect gift for someone. This isn't always an easy task to be sure. But I think I did alright this year. We'll find out over the next 24 hours or so.

The kids were here for a bit yesterday. Kids tend to rejuvenate us during this time of year. The cooking, the cleaning, the shopping, the snow....all of these things can stress an adult out. But for a kid, there is pure unadulterated excitement about the coming holiday. And sure, it's all selfish excitement. They're excited about what they're going to get. But seeing Dante and Sophia tearing ass all over the house yesterday made me smile.

So as I continue to clean the house and I prep the food for tonight, I will remember how lucky I am to have the family and friends that I do. And I will also appreciate that we are able to get together and celebrate...that by and large, we are not separated by distance this year.

So to all of you, I wish you a very Merry Christmas. Try to approach the day as if you were 6 and convinced that all is right with the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hell, I'm 27 and all is right with the world.

    And my excitement is 50% selfish, and 50% selfless. It's just a great time of year. Except for the snow and cold.

    ReplyDelete