Monday, November 17, 2008

The finalized list!

With tomorrow being the 6 months mark before my 30th birthday, it's time to finalize The List. In no particular order, they are:

1. Run a 5k. Specifically the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k on May 10, 2009. Yes, it's cutting it close. Yes, that's on purpose.

2. Complete, and pass, my comprehensive exam. Theoretically I should be lots farther than that by then but this will be the easiest milestone to measure.

3. Have brunch in my jammies. With Phil. Because that's how we roll. And it's the only truly fun thing on this list.

4. Quit smoking. Preferably sooner rather than later. Plan is currently being devised. Stay tuned.

5. Lose more weight. While embarrassing to admit, I'm going to. My goal is to hit "onederland" by my birthday. Yes, that means changing that first number.

Truthfully, I think 5 items is enough. Especially when there are such big items as these. You'll notice I removed skinny dipping. While still a goal of something to do in my life, it's not practical to try and do it during the winter in order to hit my birthday. We want the list to be challenging but attainable. This one didn't meet those requirements.

Aaaannnndddd we're off!

1 comment:

  1. yea! I get to be a part of the truly fun thing!!!! Sweet. And by the bye - we're totally gonna make the 5k rock (say that with a high-pitched voice and an extended occckkkk).

    ReplyDelete