Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dear PCOS

Dear PCOS,

You really piss me off. Even your name - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome - sounds like a stab in the gut. I'm really tired of your bullshit so I would like to request that you kindly go fuck yourself. Your insistence that I constantly carry around extra poundage, that I suffer 13 year old-esque acne, and your commitment to trifling with my monthly cycles is really enough for me to hire a hit man to hunt you down and punch you in the wiener. Because yes, I'm convinced you're a man. No woman would inflict this on another.

I've had enough. I have things I want to do and you keep getting in the way. The blood work, the numerous medications, and the inability for any medical professional to explain where you came from are making me tired. It doesn't matter to me that it's relatively common. It matters to me that that quite frequently I feel like a man. Really, the hirsutism (excessive hair growth) is only welcome on my head. I guess I should "thank" you for that. Meh!

So I would like to disrespectfully unsubscribe from this crap you're selling. This letter shall mark the severing of our "relationship." So again, kindly go fuck yourself and leave me the hell alone.

Sincerely,
Kris

4 comments:

  1. Kris--I have PCOS as well and feel the same way. Thank you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! You're a closet blog reader no more! I feel your pain chica. Go ahead and kick it in the 'nads for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((hugs))) my sweet beautiful ladies....

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my best Jay impression of "Jay and Silent Bob": Fuck the PCOS, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck the PCOS!

    I agree that it's shitty it's common. Common doesn't make it okay or easy to deal with. Common just means that more women have to get screwed with constantly by their own bodies.

    I have a couple other friends that also have PCOS. Until I read this post I felt so badly for them all. But turns out I should feel angry at PCOS. You are right... fuck you PCOS!

    ReplyDelete