Monday, August 10, 2009

My thoughts on...bags

Bags are wonderful. They allow you to carry gear and they come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and purposes. You can have a backpack or a messenger bag. A purse or a clutch. You can carry items in paper, plastic, or reusable canvas. You can even imagine a bag of holding and carry EVERYTHING you ever wanted. Really, they're quite wonderful things.

So imagine my surprise when I happened upon a man in the skyway this morning carrying a bag with his BIKE in it. I've seen this before but it never ceases to cause me to roll my eyes and wonder why this is such a necessity. What's next? A bag to carry your stove in? In case you want a home cooked meal in the middle of the workday in your cube?

3 comments:

  1. I love that you equate a bike with a stove. lol and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, in all fairness I equated the bike and the stove because they're both RIDICULOUS items to carry in a bag!!! C'mon people! Do you have a bag for your hovercraft? I think not!

    ReplyDelete