Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oh happy place, where have you been all my life???

I'm starting this out by sending a few apologies out to some of my friends. I know I was a total jerk face this weekend by generally cocooning in my hovel. I'm sorry about that...I just reallllly needed some quiet time I guess. But perhaps you'll forgive me once you know that it was an amazing wonderful weekend. Yesterday was low-key and after my brain aneurysm of hate (re: previous blog) it felt good to just be. How very zen of me. Phil, are you proud?

Today I spent the day cleaning. My plan was to just do the standard vacuuming/pick-up/make presentable kind of clean. Instead, I attacked the house like a homemaker on crack. I cleaned every square inch of the main level and put the new vacuum cleaner to work. I still don't know whether to be pleased or utterly disgusted by the filth it pulled up. Oh well. I went grocery shopping and planned our meals for the week, cut up fruits and veggies, and all-in-all did a great job of prepping for breakfast and lunch-taking to work.

The laundry is just finishing and I will fold and put it away before cuddling up with a good book and falling into a comatose-like sleep.

I feel a bit refreshed and renewed and ready to take on a particularly stressful week. I didn't do the work I needed to this weekend but I'll be okay by my meeting in the afternoon. If I'd have gotten THAT done, I'd be running naked through the streets in a state of delirium. Thank God I didn't get it done, eh? :)

I raise a glass (sugar-free Kool-aid anyway) to all of you and hope that you all had wonderful weekends as well. I miss you all and hope that my funk has been banished to the depths of hell.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Readers,

    Do not let her lack of the Things Cleaned list sell you short. Movies and video games were reorganized. Pictures reordered and moved. Floors swept, mopped, waxed.

    She was a veritable whirlwind of activity... Our house now looks like an antinado (what's the reverse of a tornado?) swept though. It should be on the cover of Home & Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil is proud.
    This weekend however, you and your sweet sweet a$$ are required to have some Phil time. Just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *love* the homemaker on crack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the homemaker on crack. Atta girl.

    And please no apologizing. I will never forget Phil's post about not apologizing to friends for who you are. She was right, we love eachother for all the good and all the bad.

    It's okay to just say what you need. (I say that mostly for me and my sissy's benefit, but it applies to all of us)

    ReplyDelete