Friday, August 7, 2009

I am freaking out

In my new role at work, my biggest area for "improvement" is the ability to delegate tasks. I am like many over-achievers and seem to subscribe to the old adage that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. As part of a project at work, I have seized upon the opportunity to work with another individual and have them take on some of the tasks that don't really need my expertise. I wanted to do it so that I could get accustomed to delegating and I had to do it because I just couldn't complete those tasks with the other responsibilities I have.

Today it was proven, yet again, that I just can't trust others to do work. None of it is done and he was asking me "what were the instructions again?" I also found out today that he had passed some of the work onto another person. Now both of them are out sick.

I will be working the majority of the weekend trying to get these things done this weekend because they have to be ready for some temps that are coming in on Monday.

I really wish this would have worked out. I really wanted to have it proven to me that I could trust other people. Now what?

2 comments:

  1. There are just too many useless people in the world that don't step up . . . sorry pookie face

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kris, that sucks. I'm sorry. I'm the same way--I trust very few people, unfortunately. This is something I've gained through experience. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete