Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I love my job. No really!

I love my job. It wasn't what I thought I'd end up doing...just kind of fell into it. But I love it. I love that what I do so positively impacts others. That what I do holds some meaning. I enjoy the complexities of my job and the opportunities it affords me. I mean, how many people get a masters and a doctorate for free? Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

So how come, these past few weeks, I've been so disengaged? I'm going through the motions, spending a little too much time on Facebook, and wondering when it's going to get exciting again. And that's not really fair. It's exciting right now! I'm just not into it.

You don't know it but I just paused for a good 20 seconds as I pondered the purpose for this post. There isn't one. Sorry about that. I guess I just needed to vent. Or was it that I was just looking for another way to piss away my day?

1 comment:

  1. Baby girl we CANNOT be on 11 all the time. Most people's dials don't even go to 10 and they never even crank it up past 7. The fact that you have an 11 at all is amazing.
    Or to use a better analogy - you can't keep draining the well without filling it again.
    Eventually the box of Hot Tamales is going to be empty and you need to buy a new one.
    Sometimes you just need to be ok being ok.

    Now grab some tape and stick all that together and you're burnt out. Not forever. Just for now. Let yourself be the less than 11 you for a while, without timelimit, and it'll all come back.

    WUV YOU!

    ReplyDelete