Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Preparing the "nursery"

When parents find they are with child, preparation of the nursery begins. Mothers choose paint colors, furniture and "themes" while Dads are usually delegated to make it all happen. There is much anticipation involved with the nursery. Will he/she like it? What is more masculine or feminine (as the case may be)? Alas, we're a bit late but tonight I made a trip to Target to prepare the "nursery" for my 15 year old "baby."

A few weeks ago she chose her own bedding. A blue/green set featuring butterflies. She talked about two blue walls and two green (which is yet to actually come to fruition). Adam promised her name, in graffiti, on her bedroom wall. She requested that be in pink. We acquired a hand-me-down desk from Nana and Papa and she is using our futon as her bed.

Tonight I went to Target and purchased one of those handy cube things for which I bought four pink fabric drawers. I bought a desk lamp, a couple basket/drawer organizers, and a mirror...all pink. We will put together/fix furniture and put in the finishing touches prior to her return home tomorrow evening.

Her room. Her very first room is starting to shape up. In her future will finally be paint...maybe some new curtains...and more finishing touches.

2 comments:

  1. you are such a good mom and your boobs have bounced back fantastically from giving birth . . . awkward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think you are so wonderful...it gives me goosebumps when I think about how loving and kind you are :)

    ReplyDelete