Thursday, October 2, 2008

The master to do list

In honor of my upcoming 30th birthday, I felt it was time to commit to "paper" my personal goals. In no particular order...

1. Run a 5k. I know. Pure insanity. I'm not even sure a serial rapist wielding a knife could get me to run. And yet, I want to do it. I have no grandiose dreams of doing more races after that. I just want to be able to say I've done it. And I know I already have others who want to do it with me (not to say that they haven't already experienced this hell). Shout out to Jenny, Jason, Adam, and my Mama. Anyone else?

2. Complete (and pass) my comprehensive exam. This is part one of the dissertation process to complete my PhD. This is also part of my larger goal to earn my PhD in 2009. I've never really figured out why I'm doing this but at this point, I'm going to push ahead hard and fast! (That's what she said!)

3. Go skinny dipping. I know, I know. I have reached the ripe old age of 29 without ever having skinny dipped. What's worse is that with a birthday in May, I will have to accomplish this over the winter. I welcome ideas on how to do this without overly embarrassing or freezing myself!

4. Have brunch in my jammies. Courtesy of dear 'ol Phil. It is just that. Out in public looking like it's one of those hazing things you did in high school where you yank someone out of bed and let them do little more than pee and brush their teeth.

5. Lose another 40 lbs. 'Nuff said.

6. ???

I welcome your submissions for additions to the list. Is there such a thing as a list that is too long? Probably but thankfully, I don't think we're there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment