Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Feng shui and other annoying 2000-isms

I've never been big on the feng shui revolution. A few years back, people made such a big deal out of the placement of furniture for proper chi flow (or somesuch nonsense). Thing is, I don't know why I didn't get into it. Maybe it was too new age-y for me. Whatever the case, I've always really enjoyed placing furniture and moving it around every so often even for the fun of it. And when we moved into this place, I just really didn't like how we placed the furniture. We only have cable wired in on one side of the living room, the room is shaped like a rectangle (which never seems to work right for me, and the fireplace is at an angle which on its own is visually pleasing, is a nightmare for placing anything else in the room. But now I just view it as a challenge. I'm going to break out the super long cable cord and I'm going to put the TV wherever I want it. I'm going to try something new. I'm going to prepare a place for our Christmas tree (only a couple of months now!). And if the flow of chi improves, well then that's just icing on the cake!

1 comment:

  1. Don't think I didn't read this - 'cause I did. I just didn't have anything to say. But then felt compelled to comment so you knew I ready and then I started to hyperventilate because I couldn't think of anything to write and then I passed out and then . . . no, that's not what happened. But it could have. That will be the last pointless post.

    ReplyDelete