Monday, September 8, 2008

Edumacation

I never much liked school. I never much hated it either. It was just a place I knew I had to go and so I went diligently. Once I got to high school, I enjoyed it a bit more. Not for the sake of learning, or the opportunity to mesh with society, but rather, for the extra-curricular activities. Man, I loved all that stuff that started after school.

I went to college because it never occurred to me not to. Seriously. For 18 years my parents had been talking to me as if college was a given and therefore I thought it was. But that's cool. I got it done in 4 years and slipped out with a job waiting for me.

Well, that job was in higher education.

And I can't pass up a bargain.

And so, I enrolled in a masters program because the price was juuuuust right. And that's cool. I did that too in record time. I was focused, I was smart (4.0 average baby!), and I figured that I had a ticket to more $$$.

But when that was finished I didn't know what to do with myself.

So I started a PhD program.

And that brings us to where I am today. I have one more course to take and then start the comprehensive exam and finally, the dissertation. I am aggressively working towards finishing the PhD in mid-2009. Wish me luck.

And when my "friends" and "family" tease me for having been in school...solidly...since I wobbled to the bus stop on my first day of kindergarten, I remind them that I may just get a law degree when I'm done with this.

Why not?

1 comment:

  1. keep on metriculating baby. it suits you . . . even if you don't know what the hell to do with it all.

    ReplyDelete