Friday, November 12, 2010

Just waiting

The due date is fast approaching and I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

No, really.

I had this ingenious idea to work up until the birth so I wouldn't burn any of that leave time before getting to spend it with my blue-eyed beauty.  She better be blue-eyed, otherwise I have some explaining to do.

So here I sit, in my cubicle, on a Friday afternoon.  There are 3 emails in my in box and one of those is an invitation to save 30% from Gap and Old Navy.  My to do list is nearly a page long and only 4 of those things don't have a check mark next to them.  I've started drafting my 2011 goals and professional development plan but my hearts not in it.  Probably because I'd like to finish my 2010 goals first.  You know...like 'have a baby.'

Next week my calendar is blocked as out of the office per the direction of my boss.  I keep staring at it - half with glee (ohdeargodtherearepracticallynomeetingsonthatcalendar!) and half with dread.  If there are no meetings, and there is no baby, then what the hell am I going to do with myself all week?

I made myself giggle this morning.  I attempted to make a fist, couldn't because of the swelling, and then thought of the phrase "knuckle sandwich."  *sigh*

My desk is clean already so that won't keep me busy next week.  I've already hauled everything home that needs to be there during my leave.  Although, I'm staring at the dress shoes under my desk and wondering if I'll need or want them while I'm out.  I haven't worn heels since I was about 15 minutes pregnant.  I don't think I'll jump right back on that bandwagon.

I'm making a mental note as I look at the picture frames on my desk.  I better come back with an updated one of Dante (oops....I think this one is at least 3 years old) and some of the blue-eyed beauty.

This morning, I drafted my IRB (Institutional Review Board) paperwork for my dissertation and sent it to my mentor.  You know you're hard up for stuff to do when you start filing paperwork related to your dissertation research.

Look at that.  I just burned 10 minutes.  If only it were lunchtime now.

1 comment:

  1. You won't need those dress shoes for a while, and it's sounding like wee little lass is already messing with your schedule, as she ought to. Can't wait to meet her. Maybe now is when you come up with random WoW character names or something.

    ReplyDelete