Sunday, October 31, 2010

A pointless post about our trip to the movies

Friday night, Adam and I headed out to see a movie.  We went to the new theater here in St. Louis Park which has reserved seating.  You pick your seats when you buy your tickets and then if you order food (could just be a pretzel or actual meal) they take your seat number and deliver it to you when it's ready.

I'm not a big fan of the reserved seating idea but it is kind of nice to be able to nab the seats you prefer and still hit the concession stand and bathroom.

After doing all of these things, we head to our seats and there are two people sitting in them.  This is awkward.  I've now walked past numerous people forcing them to move their legs and whatnot to let me by.  I'm annoyed by someone being seated there but I guess I'd be willing to sit somewhere else if A) I hadn't already made people move and B) I would know I wasn't going to go sit in a seat that someone had already reserved and therefore starting a crazy domino of seat moving.  So I mention to these people that we have these seats.  So they move down one seat.  But actually, we have BOTH seats so we'd need you to move down another one.  And then there are jokes about how it doesn't matter.  So I start to feel like an ass.  Because I agree, it doesn't really.  Except that the theater has forced it to matter!

The couple in our seats has food coming so they need to be in the right seats.  So she pulls out her ticket and sure enough, she's supposed to be a few rows down.  But they don't like those so they go somewhere else.  This is all fine but I was annoyed that their disregard for how the theater worked was impacting me.

People bug me.

1 comment:

  1. You were justified with this. People have free will and that couple should have gone to a theater without assigned seats.

    ReplyDelete