Friday, October 1, 2010

About that whole miserable thing...

The closer we get to meeting Lucy, the more and more often I'm asked "How are you feeling?" What's interesting about this is that in the beginning, people would ask this question with a hint of excitement about this little person I'm growing. Now in my third trimester, people ask this with pity and a smirk. They not only expect me to be miserable but some of them even seem to want me to be. Last weekend in fact, my aunt called me her "grumpy niece" because I'm 8 months pregnant. Not because of my disposition.

But here's the thing peeps. I love being pregnant.

It's not all moonlight and roses (and Adam will be the first to remind me that I do, in fact, complain on occassion) but I really, really like it. It's everything I expected and a bunch of stuff I didn't. I enjoy feeling her move around in there and snuggle in for the night. I like trying to guess what she's doing in there and then telling Adam "stories" about those activities. I like preparing our home and our lives for this additional person. I just love being pregnant.

I wanted to put this out there because I think it's the one thing I want to remember most about pregnancy...the thing I want to be sure to tell Lucy. But at some point I should probably write those blogs about childbirth class, our impromptu trip to labor and delivery, and finishing the nursery.

2 comments:

  1. "But at some point I should probably write those blogs about childbirth class, our impromptu trip to labor and delivery, and finishing the nursery."

    -Yes you should...need more blogbell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to like Jo's comment, but alas I can't. And I remember feeling like wanting to tell people to mind their own beeswax when ever trying to compare my pregnancy (and now child rearing exploits) to theirs because every one is different.

    ReplyDelete