Sunday, October 24, 2010

36 weeks

Most people look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them how many weeks pregnant I am.  Even my Mom doesn't get it and there are signs that she's been pregnant before.  So, just to level-set here (in the words of my boss), let me say that there are 40 weeks in a pregnancy.  At 37 weeks, a baby is full-term and a healthy baby will be born anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks.

I'm 36 weeks people.  4 weeks until my due date.  1 week until Lucy is full-term.

Last night Adam and I went to a Halloween party.  We went as the particularly klassy pair of a priest and pregnant nun.  It was a hit.  One woman...who by the way never introduced herself...got SO excited when she found out I was pregnant that she proceeded to molest my belly and tell me all the advice she could muster about child birth and the first few years of childhood.

Today my boys are out enjoying a Dad and Dante date and I'm curled up on the couch with the puppies watching Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.  Eventually I'll motivate on my list but until then, I'm enjoying the relaxed bliss of a quiet Sunday afternoon with my fur-boys.

Things are going to change in the not-too-distant future and I'm excited!  There's a little person missing from from this little family and we're just waiting for her to get here.  My hope is that Adam and I can enjoy all of the changes and at the same time, not become douchetastic full-time parents.

Here's hopin'!

(Seriously, how random was this blog?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment