Monday, January 26, 2009

This is way more fun than writing comps responses!

***Why has no one voted in my super cool, nice and shiny poll? Is it that much work? Is it too much to ask? I just wanted to have a cool poll, dammit!***

If only they'd let me submit a blog instead of a comps response question. I could sit here all day and wax poetic about my annoying dogs, my cold feet, or even the pros and cons of daytime television. Alas, this is not what I should be doing. What I should be doing is researching and writing about adult learning theory, higher education administration, or even research itself. But man is that boring! I've sketched out two of three papers. That's progress right?

So as my very own method of therapy, let's review what sucks about this whole experience.

The library is virtual.
This is a problem folks. A big problem. Why you ask? Virtual libraries work fine for articles and whatnot but what I'm quickly learning is that largely my research is going to need to come from books. And since the library is a non-entity, I must use inter-library loan. It takes approximately 4 weeks to get a book. And seeing as how I only have two weeks left to write.... Bah!

The topics bore me.
Writing a paper about research? Really? Is that necessary? Probably not. And while the third question is pretty interesting, I'm not smart enough to know where to start. So yeah.

I don't like timed writing.
This has been true for the individual courses as well. I don't like that I only have four weeks for this. I don't like that I feel guilty for putting it down. And I don't like that it's majorly bad if I walk away from it for a week. As I have for this past week. Yay.

I want it to be over
.
Time to move on. Time to be done. And it would be really nice to pass.

So I apologize for the whiny blog. I'm just so tired of this already. I want to take my second nap of the day. I want to be able to sit down with someone and just talk these through. They don't have to give me answers...they just have to have a conversation with me so I can formulate and order my thoughts. It helps me A LOT to be able to do this and I am just now realizing how much I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment