Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Boredom and motivation

These two characteristics tend to run rampant for me this week. What is up with that? I haven't been fully and completely entertained in at least a week (no offense to those of you who have hung out with me, Adam especially) and my motivation level is lowwww. I find that I want to eat pretty much constantly. I'm positive that if I allowed myself, I could eat an entire 1/2 gallon of ice cream in one sitting. If it's fat free, is it that bad?

I know what this is. This is a combination of three distinct happenings in my little world. Number one, we're a little bit broke until payday. We just had a little too much fun over the holiday season. And that's okay, it's just that I can't afford to distract myself from happenings two and three until Thursday. Number two, Christmas is over. I love Christmas (I know, I've mentioned this before) and now it's over. I have to wait another whole year before I get to celebrate again. And that's a little sad. And finally, number three. We are entering the dead of winter. It's cold. Uncomfortably, horribly cold outside. It makes me not want to leave the house. It makes me want to sleep. It makes me want to eat comfort food. Constantly. I'm just not a fan of winter.

The problem with all of these things happening at the same time is that I have comps starting this week. That's a big deal. I need to pass this if I want to write a dissertation! I need to motivate! I need to get started! And all I can do is surf the Internet, post on Facebook, and plan parties for when I finish the comps that I haven't started yet.

So forgive my whine fest. Yes, I'd like some cheese. Oh look, it's the world's smallest violin! Yes, yes, and yes again. I get it. I'm grabbing myself (that's what she said!) by the bootstraps and forcing motivation down my throat (she said that too)!

I am done. I hope Old Man Winter puts a skip in your step.

3 comments:

  1. I believe that's what HE said (grabbing myself part). The throat one I'll give you.

    Congrats on the first part of comps. Sounds intense!!! I'd be eating cheesy ice cream by the gallon too...oh wait, I do that & I have no excuse. Congrats on the fiddy lbs. That rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure women grab themselves too. I mean, doesn't everybody? >.>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so offended. I am 100% fully entertaining at all times!

    ReplyDelete