Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Living with baby

It's been 5 months of bottles, dirty diapers, baths, laundry, smiles, giggles, drool, and love.  5 months.  A complete whirlwind.  And clearly I'm horrible at documenting the most important time in my life. 

I have loved every minute.

I've loved:
  • how she would stretch her neck those first few weeks; the way she'd set her jaw and her chin would jut out.
  • how she'd mimic you when you stuck your tongue out at her.
  • her smiles when you first peer at her over the side of her crib in the morning.
  • the way her hair poofs up in the back regardless of how you comb it.
  • the way she grins adoringly at her dad.
  • the way she grins adoringly at her brother.
  • the way she grins adoringly at me.
  • the hours upon hours she sleeps at night.
  • her teeny tiny hands and teeny tiny feet.
  • pigtails at the top of her head.
  • feet in the mouth.
  • her apparent love of the songs "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" and (of course) the Minnesota Rouser.
  • the excited grinning I receive when I get home from work.
I wish I would have taken the time to document these things for her.  To write the stories down so that one day she could look back and read them.  I'm committing to doing more of that.  I'd also like to take more pictures of her too.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment