Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mild panic episode

I once heard someone say, "It's like that moment when you realize your pregnancy is going to result in an actual human being." I laughed. Because I knew I hadn't yet hit that point. Despite the nursery and the furniture; despite the kicks and indigestion; despite all of that, it wasn't quite real. Until the other night.

As I was curled up in bed drifting off to sleep, I was suddenly seized with fear and disbelief. My eyes flew open and there was one glaring thought in my mind. MY GOD, I'M PREGNANT! Last night on our way home from grabbing some dinner, I looked at Adam and quite emphatically reminded him that there was a PERSON inside of me. It went something like this.

There's a PERSON inside of me.

*laughter*

No really, a PERSON!

Not really a person. I mean, she's not done baking yet.

SHE KICKS ME, PEES IN ME, AND IS FEEDING OFF ME!

*laughter*

See, he doesn't get it. I don't know how to make him get it. But people, there's a PERSON inside of me. And she's coming out. In 15ish weeks. Which is like, no time from now. And then I'll be responsible for her. She'll depend on me for everything. If I'm not good at it, she could die!

Just some random thoughts from Casa de Luopa.

3 comments:

  1. I got it, babe... I had that moment of manic panic, of the "holy sh**, this is real," when I put the mattress in her crib.

    I just think it's funny to watch you freak out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I giggled at this post, cuz we've all been there. Total disbelief, and then you have "your moment" and it's a whole new ballgame. Wait til one day you look at Adam and say, "That's OUR kid. They let US be parents. That little one--like--for real, is mine." And then you get all teary and look into each other's eyes and life can't get any better, and you feel so blessed & lucky & connected & gooshy & sappy & goopy & HAPPY!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a demonstration with Russian Nesting Dolls is in order...some of us are visual learners.

    ReplyDelete