Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What is Joy?

Here's the thing. I've learned something over the past few months. I've learned that happiness and joy come in predictable and surprising packages. In my last post, I celebrated spring and I am still enjoying that blessing. Today was an absolutely exquisite 73 degrees in MN...in April! The sky was blue, the air was still, and the sun shone down brightening up every tucked away corner.

But I have found other sources of joy. I see pure joy in Dante's smile when he makes a joke at his Dad's expense. I see happiness in the way my neighbors are mowing their lawns and planting their gardens. I witness happiness in my coworkers when something finally clicks into place; when their project takes off.

And I see joy in my husbands face, when we talk about our new baby who is on the way.

Because joy can be found in two pink lines.

Baby Luopa
EDD November 25, 2010

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm pregnant and due November 11th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! That's awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was like, his name is EDD?? With two D's?!? They already know its a boy? Yeah, I'm not so smart. FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!! Congratulations a thousand times over to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jaci! I'm sure you're very smart...you just have to save all of those brain cells for your coursework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, congratulations Kris! :*)

    ReplyDelete