Monday, November 30, 2009

Viva vacation!

I probably should have written this blog yesterday when I was off work and lazy. But that's just it...I was lazy. So I'm taking a few minutes out of my first day back to share a snapshot of our trip to Cape Cod.

Adam's parents are incredibly kind and like to take us on vacations. This year we went to Cape Cod (via Boston) in order to enjoy the east coast and spend time with Michael and Patricia's friend. We spent about a day and a half in Boston proper and saw old cemeteries, Quincy Market, Cheers, the Museum of Fine Art, Harvard, and MIT as well as lots of other stuff via car and quick drive by's. We rode the subway (man I wish Minneapolis had one of those!) and walked a lot and enjoyed each others company.

While on the cape, we stayed with M&Ps friend and were able to walk along the shore of the Atlantic Ocean on Thanksgiving. We visited small cape towns and checked out their little store fronts. Speaking of which...we got a little Christmas shopping done too.

Adam received Reiki training so if anyone wants to let him perform it on you, let him know. :) I still haven't received a full session yet. I tried lobster for the first time and determined it gross and we were able to see Adam's aunt and two cousins for lunch in Boston on our last day.

I brought articles along and spent a lot of the day Thursday reading up for my literature review. Super fun times.

We had a great time as is usual. I was thrilled to finally visit the cape and hope to make my way back soon. Travel was a breeze with all four flights (damn layovers!) being on time. And we were able to come back to two very happy, relaxed, well cared for and loved pups courtesy of Ms. Jenny Lane.

Time to get to work.

2 comments: