Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sometimes it's for keeps

It's official. As of this writing, it is official that Jazzy will be living with us for the duration. 4 years to be exact. Jazzy didn't pass 9th grade this year. She did great work in the last quarter but it wasn't enough having failed the previous three. So in the fall Jazzy will start as a freshman at St. Louis Park High School. She will live with us and while it's a little bit scary for yours truly, it's a good thing. I enjoy her, and she appears to enjoy us.

Next up is actually getting her some furniture and decorating her room. She's never had her own room before and I want her to be able to have a comfy space that's all hers. She'll have a relaxing summer splitting her time with us and with her grandparents (though I doubt that will last the entire summer). We're going to get her signed up for dance lessons and hopefully find her a part-time job. The busier we keep her, the happier she'll be and the less likely she will be to get into trouble. Here's hoping anyway.

So stop on by and meet the newest addition to our family. :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!
    a) little sad I learned of this from a blog
    b) It'll be different and difficult but you are doing something great here
    c) jeepers creepers peepers you is Parentals x2 . . . well really x85 if we count everyone in your life ;)
    d) FUN! decorating fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's freaking awesome that you recognize how important her own space is. My bedroom was so much of a retreat to me. It was basically how I survived being at "home". You are nothing like my parents, but still having her own space will mean a lot to her!

    This is a great big committment that means so much to so many people! Keep your head held high, you have a lot to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joff and I have yet to check out the new place, guess that's on hold til I'm off bedrest right, and then you'll be meeting our new family addition too. This is a huge step for you guys and I hope it works out good and that Jazzy at some point actually appreciates that you were willing to do this for her.

    ReplyDelete