Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Bathroom

I have been remiss in sharing the story of the bathroom remodel. Seeing as how we're in the middle of it (oh hell, the beginning of it) I don't have a conclusion for you. You'll just have to wait for the big finish.

Upon agreeing to move into the in laws place, we negotiated the upgrade of the one and only bathroom. The idea was to replace the tub, the shower surround, the sink, the toilet, and at a later date, the floor. Not easy work mind you. Great people but not so great in the maintenance/cleaning department. And it needed help. Adam and I were going to do the work ourselves and got to pick out all of the items without having to pay for them. Easily probably the best shopping trip ever!

Work began in earnest over the weekend since they moved out and we had a couple of weeks until we moved in. I stayed home to pack while Adam and his brother Sean went to the house to start the demo work. I later heard that they found mold behind the surround. A lot of it. This now required us to rip out most of the walls and the floor so that we could get it out of the house, clean it up, and start new.

I keep telling myself it'll be beautiful when it's done but my GOD it's disgusting!

It's the beginning of the work day and already I'm exhausted. Just get me to May 1st!

2 comments:

  1. why are you not taking video of this whole process . . . seriously

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping for your sake the progress on the new bathroom makes up for all the work you're doing. At least until Gabe uses it.

    ReplyDelete