Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It's that time of year again! On the eve of December 22nd, while I check off my mental list of gifts already purchased and write a new list for that final trip to the grocery store, I thought it was time to post a blog and bid you all a happy holiday!

Rumor has it we're supposed to get 24 inches of snow over the course of 48+ hours. Right over Christmas. During our travel in and around the cities. Fabulous. I can't say that I believe it so much - those meteorologists tend to make things sound worse than they ever turn out to be. However, my Dad was pretty convinced, as evident in the following email conversation between himself, me, my Mom, and my sister:

Condor:
2 feet of snow?!?! Paul Douglas is going off the deep end. Kari if you make it down you and Eli better pack a bag. I'll get the sheets washed. 24 inches...really...

Mom:
It's actually making me a little nervous with the driving you all will have to do.

Me:
They always make it sound worse than it ends up to be.

Kari:
Yuck. Makes me nervous too. Not to mention that Eli has to work Saturday morning...

Mom:
Well, the weather people are always wrong so though I'm sure we'll get snow, it never seems to be as bad as they think it is going to be.

Me:
Is there an echo in this email thread? :)

Condor:
Regardless, the traveling will be extremely slow so you'll need to plan accordingly.

Kari:
10-4. That's cop talk for okay.

Condor:
Pack your cars properly with the appropriate clothes, including boots, a shovel and music that will help to keep your blood pressure down. I hate to be the devil's advocate but I think they'll be closer to being right this time. Call it male intuition. [Male intuition? Isn't that an oxymoron?]

Me:
Absolutely! I will have my flip-flops on and the coconut bra in the back. I'll make sure Dante wears long shorts instead of his high waters. Adam should be all set in his speedo.

Condor:
This from a person who hasn't zipped up her winter coat, while wearing it, since 1984.

*chuckles* Merry Christmas to you and yours!!! May your holidays be full of similar chuckles and may you stay safe, healthy, and warm.

Kris

1 comment:

  1. I love the "hasn't zipped up her winter coat, while wearing it, since 1984" LOL (oh, and I have a complete visual of the coconut bra :)

    ReplyDelete